Saturday, July 5, 2008

Introduction

I am a 38 year old mother of two brilliant boys aged 14 and 9. We live in Virginia with many members of our extended family close by, which makes us lucky indeed.

I have only recently come out to my family and friends regarding my atheism. It is not easy to let the believers in your family know that you have chosen to give up your ticket on the Jesus plane. As a matter of fact, it’s something that takes a tremendous amount of courage and tact, as well as love and understanding on both sides.

I hope with this blog I may open up intelligent dialogue. My ultimate goal is to inspire and encourage those who know deep down that they do not believe in the teachings of the worlds religions to come to peace within themselves, find resources to feel more confident and connected with other freethinkers, and begin to organize ourselves so our voices can be heard.
Thank you for checking it out!

No comments: